MOUNT PLEASANT SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM
2021-2022 School Lunch Program Information
We are happy to inform you that the USDA and NYS have extended a program that will permit ALL students to receive school lunch at no cost each school day until June 30, 2022. We have already begun to implement this program at all of our school buildings.
What you need to know:
- Free meals are available to ALL students through June 30, 2022.
- Meal orders should continue to be submitted each day. This pre-ordering will assist with ensuring sufficient meal preparation and identification of dietary restrictions and food allergies for students.
- Meals will NOT be charged to the student’s meal account during this time.
- Students who are remote due to quarantine may contact the Food Service Director regarding pickup of student meals to be consumed at home.
- Families experiencing financial hardship should continue to complete the Free/Reduced price lunch application (available on the district website and at any school building) as this information will provide additional aid to students, families and the school district as we support those in need of assistance.
Should you have any questions or concerns about our food service program please contact our Food Service Director Ms. Jackie Houatchanthara at Jacqueline.Houatchanthara@compass-usa.com or 914- 769-5500 ext. 1890.
COVID-19 Program Information
- Pre-packaged meals - All meals will be served as a pre-packaged meal that includes all items listed on the menu. Meals will be distributed in the student’s classrooms for elementary schools or in a centralized location for secondary schools.
- Meal ordering - Students are required to pre-order their lunch meals via the daily questionnaire.
- At Hawthorne, Columbus, and Westlake Middle School, the following items will NOT be served:
- A la carte items
- Individual drinks
- Vending machines
- At Westlake High School, students must have funds available on MyPaymentsPlus to make a purchase. No cash will be accepted.
Free and Reduced Price Applications - applications are available on the Food Service Website, in the school main office and from the District Office.
Meals during quarantine or closure
If you child is required to quarantine or your child's school is closed, please use the form below to request meals for pickup.
Chartwells K12 and the Mount Pleasant Central School District have exciting plans for your school café.
School meals and snacks remain nutritious, a great value and better tasting than ever. With new flavors, nutrition education and menus at your fingertips, it’s sure to be a freshly inspired school year.
Meal prices are $3.50 in the Elementary Schools and $3.75 in the Middle & High School. Currently all lunch meals are free at all buildings through June 30, 2022.
Lunch Menus for all buildings are available at the following link: https://mtplcsd.nutrislice.com/menu/
MyPaymentsPlus is an easy-to-use online payment program to manage your child's school lunch account. Relieves a child's worry over lost or forgotten lunch money and speeds up serving lines in the cafeteria. The website lets parents check account balances online, make payments toward meals, view what is purchased in the cafeteria and has auto email reminders for low balances. For any questions regarding your MyPaymentsPlus account, please contact Stefanie Flynn at 769-5500 ext. 5133.
Free / Reduced Lunch
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH PROGRAM
Children from households that meet federal income guidelines are eligible for free meals or reduced price meals. To apply for free or reduced price meals, please read the guidelines and submit a Direct Certification letter from the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance OR complete the application below, sign and return it to Stefanie Flynn, Mount Pleasant CSD, 825 Westlake Drive, Thornwood, New York 10594.
SUMMER MEALS PROGRAM
The USDA provides information regarding Summer breakfast and lunch programs for students in need when school is not in session. To find Summer Meals:
- Call 1-866-3-HUNGRY (1-866-348-6479) or 1-877-8-HAMBRE (1-877-842-6273)
- Text FOOD or COMIDA to 877-877
- Visit www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks
Our kitchens can provide many alternative options based on dietary restrictions. Please contact the Food Service Director with any special requirements.
PEANUT-FREE LUNCH TABLE FORM