TECHNOLOGY & DATA
TECHNOLOGY PHILOSOPHY & VISION
We believe students should have a rich well-balanced technology environment to maximize their learning experience for real world applications. Our vision is to prepare our students to use real world technology to become inventive thinkers and effective communicators. Students will be able to communicate, experiment, conduct research, critically evaluate information, and solve problems collaboratively and creatively.
Types of Technology Requests:
- Report an Issue: Something that was working before and is currently broken.
- Internet Filtering: Block or Unblock websites (NOT new software request). The request needs to be approved by the administration, so please allow 48 hours to review, test and unblock the sites.
- Presentation Setup: Room setup for a presentation, training, etc. Please allow at least 48 hour lead time.
- Printer Toner Request: Running low on toner, enter a 'Printer Toner Request'
- Software/App/Chrome Extension Request: <<ONLY AVAILABLE TO ADMINISTRATORS>> If you have a NEW software, app or chrome extension (Free or Paid) that you would like to use in your classroom, please see your administrator and they can submit a 'Software/App/Chrome Extension Request' to the IT team. Depending on the request, we will need at least 5 business days to evaluate the new software to see whether or not this will work with our devices and our network.
HOW TO VIDEOS and TUTORIALS
Intro to Google Classroom: Classroom 101
How to Setup a Google Hangout (by Dawn McFarland)
How to turn on or off Google classroom notifications (by Mary Knopp)
Google Meet: Running Live Videoconferencing with Students (Recording - approx 40 min): Click here for the slide deck to go along with the recording.
Recording and Inserting Audio into Google Slides Using Mic Note Voice Recorder (by Dawn McFarland)
NYSED Approved Technology Plan:
The following links show our district's grade level technology alignment of International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards with:
- Common Core state standards.
- Grade-level benchmarks.
- Suggested technology resources to support critical thinking skills in the 21st century.
Data Privacy and Security Information: