2023-24 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Each year Hawthorne Elementary School eagerly awaits the arrival of our new kindergartners. Children entering kindergarten must be born on or before December 1, 2018. If you have a kindergarten student that will be joining the district in September 2023, please read below.
These three steps MUST be completed before February 1, 2023:
- STEP 1: Complete the online eSchoolData application (https://esdparentportal.lhric.org/MtPleasant) by clicking “Online Registration” at the bottom of the box.
NOTE: If you already have a child or children enrolled in the Mt. Pleasant Central School District, please login to the online parent portal. Once in, click the Register New Student button (top right).
- STEP 2: Upload all the registration documents online. Please visit our registration website (https://www.mtplcsd.org/groups/7842/registrar/kindergarten_registration) for all required documents that must be completed and uploaded online prior to February 1, 2023. Documents for kindergarten registration are listed under the ‘Kindergarten Registration’ section – scroll down for listing of items.
- STEP 3: The following medical documentation must be received to complete the registration process:
- A current New York State Health exam completed by your child’s physician. The exam is valid for a period of ONE year from the completion date. (For example, if your child’s physical exam was completed in August 2022, they will require an updated physical in August 2023.)
- Immunization Record: An up-to-date immunization record must be provided. Please use the chart below to verify your child has ALL necessary immunizations.
The nurse’s office will review these submitted health documents and will make you aware of any missing immunization(s) required. Please note that your child will not be fully registered until he/she has been cleared by the school nurse.
NOTE: Registration cannot take place until these documents are received.
IMPORTANT: In-person appointments will be scheduled only after all documentations are submitted online.
After these three steps are complete, the Registrar will call you to set-up a 20-minute, in-person meeting to finalize the registration process by receiving your Mt. Pleasant original forms and reviewing your original / personal documents.
-Registration meetings will be on a rolling basis starting in mid-February 2023 at the District Office (825 Westlake Drive, Thornwood, NY 10594). For those parents in this group, you will be required to set up a meeting with the Hawthorne Elementary School Nurse, Lisa Ciliberti, so she can review your child’s medical records. (914) 769-8536 ext. 4700. This meeting should take place after registration has been finalized with the Registrar.
-Registration meetings at Hawthorne Elementary School (225 Memorial Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10532) will take place March 6-10 and March 13-15, 2023, between the hours of 8:30 am and 3:00 pm. The school nurse will be available during these scheduled meetings to review the New York State Health Exam & immunization record for your child(ren).
FOR PARENTS OF CURRENT CPSE STUDENTS:
If you registered your child with Mt. Pleasant CSD for CPSE services after July 2022, you do not need to re-register your kindergarten aged child for September 2023, but you MUST upload your child's most recent physical and immunization records online.
If you registered your child for CPSE services before July 2022, you will need to complete the online eSchoolData application by clicking Online Registration at the bottom of the box. Also, upload all registration documents online (STEP 1 and 2 above). We will require a quick in-person appointment, which will be scheduled upon completion of STEP 1 and 2.
DIAL-4 SCREENING: Your child will be invited to Hawthorne Elementary for the DIAL-4 screening assessment, which will focus on motor, language, and conceptual skills. DIAL-4 screenings for students receiving CPSE services will take place in March 2023 (dates to be determined and communicated later). For all other students, DIAL-4 screenings will take place May 22-25 and May 30 & 31, 2023
KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION: As part of the kindergarten intake process you will be invited to one of our Kindergarten Orientation sessions. This orientation will take place on April 19 and 20, 2023 at 3:00pm at Hawthorne Elementary.
Hawthorne Elementary will follow up with more information regarding screening and orientation.
Thank you for your time during this process. We are looking forward to working together to support your child in a safe environment.
STEP 1. Online application must be completed and submitted before the in-person registration appointment: https://esdparentportal.lhric.org/MtPleasant
STEP 2. All documents listed below must be uploaded before the registration appointment: Upload Registration Documents
*** ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL (no copies at the time of the appointment)***
***THEY MUST BE COMPLETED AND UPLOADED BEFORE REGISTRATION CAN BE FINALIZED***
You must have:
- DRIVERS LICENSE OF THE GUARDIAN
- ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- DEED OR PROPERTY TAX RECEIPT
- CURRENT LEASE/RENTAL AGREEMENT (Residency Affidavit notarized; proof of ownership)
- ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE (must be original) for all children
- RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE Residency Questionnaire
- NYS SCHOOL HEALTH EXAMINATION FORM NYS Health Examination Form.pdf (Immunization Records must be attached)
- TWO (2) SEPARATE UTILITY BILLS (most recent utility bill within the last 30 - 60 days)
- HOME LANGUAGE QUESTIONNAIRE Home Language Questionnaire.pdf
- KINDERGARTEN PROFILE SURVEY Click here for survey
- FREE AND REDUCED MEAL APPLICATION 2023-24 Free Reduced Meal Application (OPTIONAL)
- MIGRANT FAMILY SURVEY Migrant Parent Survey (OPTIONAL)
IF A DIVORCE OR SEPARATION APPLIES or CHILD DOES NOT LIVE WITH BOTH PARENTS, PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF OF CUSTODY:
Custodial Guardian Affidavit Completed by the parent/guardian the child lives with, if not both parents
Parent Affidavit Completed by the parent/guardian the child DOES NOT live with, if not both parents
Special Home Circumstances Completed if Single Parent, Legal Guardian, Foster Parent or Agency
IF STUDENT RECEIVED ANY SERVICES IN THE PREVIOUS SCHOOL:
Student Services Document Completed if your child received IEP, 504, Early Intervention, Reading, ENL, Resource Room, Counseling, Social Work, AIS/RTI/MTSS Services in the previous school
STEP 3. Once the online registration application is completed and all the documents are uploaded and reviewed, we will contact you to schedule a 20-minute in-person appointment to validate the original documents.
*** ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL (no copies at the time of the appointment)***
Paso 1. La solicitud en línea debe completarse y enviarse antes de la cita de registro en persona: https://esdparentportal.lhric.org/MtPleasant
Paso 2. Todos los documentos deben cargarse antes de la cita de registro: Upload Registration Documents
***TODOS LOS DOCUMENTOS DEBEN SER ORIGINALES (no hay copias al momento de la cita)***
***SE DEBEN COMPLETAR Y CARGAR ANTES DE QUE SE PUEDA FINALIZAR EL REGISTRO***
- LICENCIA DE CONDUCIR DEL GUARDIAN
- UNO DE LOS SIGUIENTES:
- RECIBO DE IMPUESTO SOBRE LA PROPIEDAD
- CONTRATO DE ARRENDAMIENTO / ALQUILER ACTUAL (Declaracion Jurada de Residencia notariado; prueba de la propiedad)
- CERTIFICADO DE NACIMIENTO ORIGINAL (debe ser original) para todos los niños
- CUESTIONARIO DE RESIDENCIAi Residency Questionnaire_Spanish
- FORMULARIO DE EXAMEN DE SALUD ESCOLAR DEL NYS Health Examination Form (se deben adjuntar los registros de vacunación)
- DOS (2) FACTURAS DE SERVICIOS PÚBLICOS (factura de servicios públicos más reciente dentro de los últimos 30 a 60 días)
- CUESTIONARIO DEL IDIOMA DEL HOGAR Cuestionario sobre el idioma del hogar
- FORMULARIO DE PERFIL DE KINDERGARTEN
- SOLICITUD DE COMIDAS GRATUITAS Y REDUCIDAS 2022-23 Solicitud de comidas reducidas gratis (OPCIONAL)
- ENCUESTA PARA FAMILIAS MIGRANTES Encuesta para padres migrantes.pdf (OPCIONAL)
SI SE APLICA UN DIVORCIO O SEPARACIÓN o EL NIÑO NO VIVE CON AMBOS PADRES, POR FAVOR PROPORCIONE PRUEBA DE CUSTODIA:
DECLARACION JURADA DE CUSTODIA-TUTELA Completado por el padre / tutor con el que vive el niño, si no ambos padres
DECLARACION JURADA DE LOS PADRES Completado por el padre / tutor con el que NO vive el niño, si no ambos padres
Circunstancias especiales del hogar Completado si es padre soltero, tutor legal, padre de crianza temporal o agencia
SI EL ESTUDIANTE RECIBIÓ CUALQUIER SERVICIO EN LA ESCUELA ANTERIOR:
Documento de servicios Completado si su hijo recibió IEP, 504, Intervención temprana, Lectura, ENL, Sala de recursos, Consejería, Trabajo social, Servicios AIS / RTI / MTSS en la escuela anterior
PASO 3. Una vez que se complete la solicitud de registro en línea y se carguen todos los documentos, nos comunicaremos con usted para una cita en persona de 20 minutos en la oficina del distrito (825 Westlake Dr., Thornwood, NY) para validar los documentos originales.
*** TODOS LOS DOCUMENTOS DEBEN SER ORIGINALES (no hay copias al momento de la cita) ***