Information about 504 Plans

The Office of Pupil Personnel Services is also involved with students requiring Section 504 Accommodation plans. In accordance with Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities Act, students who have “a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities” may require a 504 plan. The plan defines modifications and accommodations that will be needed in the school setting for students to have an opportunity to perform at the same level as their peers. Although this is a building level service, the Office of Special Service is involved with the coordination and implementation of Section 504 Accommodation plans.