Welcome to the Office of Pupil Personnel and Student Services. We are here to support your children as they take their journey through the Mount Pleasant Schools. Pupil Personnel encompasses Nursing, Guidance and
Special Education Services.

  • We have nurses in each building available to support the medical needs of all students. You will hear from our nurses regarding immunization, health alerts, physicals and necessary forms and paperwork for participation in sports. We have an excellent and caring nursing staff that is available to discuss medical concerns and help your child have a safe and healthy day.
  • Our guidance staff spends most of their time in direct service and contact with our students. Whether it is supporting the students with coping skills, conflict resolution or college planning; all guidance counselors work to foster the educational, career and social/emotional development of students throughout their academic careers. Their goal is to support students in reaching their full academic potential and enjoy a positive school experience. They work with students, parents, and fellow staff members to help students receive the support needed to be successful.
  • Special education assures that each student will have the necessary programs, supports, and services to access a free and appropriate public education. Children who have been identified as having disabilities, from age 3 to 21 are entitled by law to special education and related services that will meet their needs at no cost to their parents.  If you believe your child may require special education services, it is important to ask the right questions from the start. There may be supports available within the general education setting at the school your child attends. For some students, building level supports can effectively meet their needs. You may want to contact your child’s teacher, the building school psychologist, guidance counselor or building Principal if you have concerns. Of course you can always feel free to contact the Office of Pupil Personnel Services and we are happy to answer any questions you have.

Contact Us


Dr. Joann Vaccaro
Director of Pupil Personnel & Student Services

914-769-5500 ext. 5107

Lori Centeno
Assistant Director of Special Education

914-769-5500 ext. 5100

Amy Sullivan
CSE Chairperson

914-769-5500 ext. 5122

April Tunno
CPSE Chairperson

914-769-5500 ext. 5108

Marisa Genna
Secretary to Administrator

914-769-5500 ext. 5125

Corinne Cunnington

914-769-5500 ext. 5108


Department at a Glance