WESTLAKE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT — HOME OF THE WILDCATS!
Westlake Wildcat Athletics ~ Game Day Protocols for Visitors
We look forward to hosting your school for our scheduled Section One event. Together, we can provide a safe and healthy experience for our student-athletes and staff. Below are the protocols your team and coaches are to follow during their visit to Westlake HS/MS during the Winter interscholastic season. Download a printable version of the guidelines here. If you have any questions please contact the Athletics Office.
- All members of teams are expected to always wear appropriate face coverings on our campus. If an athlete finds a mask to be “intolerable” they must remove themselves from the activity and social distance themselves at a minimum of 12 feet from the activity.
At the Westlake HS Gym for Varsity & JV Boys & Girls Basketball:
- Spectators are welcome at the Westlake campus, but due to capacity limits, we must make some restrictions. Spectators for away teams will be allowed 2 guests per participant. Please provide us with a roster the day prior to the game.
- Spectators are asked to socially distance and must wear masks at all times. The bleacher seating area is marked 6ft accordingly with orange x’s for your convenience.
- Westlake will allow home spectators at a limit of 4 guests per participant & a student section up to the remaining capacity.
- Restrooms will be made available for spectators.
- No visiting spectators at scrimmages
Locker Rooms and Bathrooms
- Visiting team members should arrive on campus dressed for competition. Locker rooms will not be available as we are under construction.
- Restrooms will be made available.
- The Westlake Athletic Trainer will be on site to care for all emergent issues. Please plan accordingly, if possible, with your athletic trainer for pre-game needs to reduce exposure risks.
Bench Areas and JV Teams
- All team personnel will use the bench area and be cognizant of distancing when not game related.
- You must contact our Athletic Office to inform us of your plan for your JV team’s arrival, JV teams may sit in the gym to watch the Varsity game in a designated area.
- Coaches and athletes should wash/sanitize their hands before, and after games. Hand sanitizer will be provided for both teams at their bench.
- At half-time of the game, the teams will remain in opposite ends of the gym. If the restroom is needed, they will be directed to the closest one. Coaches should maintain social distancing during halftime and time outs.
National Anthem/Player Introductions
- Social Distancing should be maintained during the National Anthem and the sidelines.
- Teams are expected to bring their own individual water bottles/supply. We will supply a cooler for refills.
Bus drop off and pickup
- Entrance to the High School Campus is on: 825 Westlake Drive. All buses must park in the front of the MS/HS near the Westlake Middle School Sign. Students should walk down the path and enter the HS Gym entrance 2nd door on the right. For the middle school they would simply follow the path to the entrance. Be sure to share this information with your bus driver. Please make sure your coach and team bus driver exchange phone numbers for an expedient pick up and exit from the campus after the contest.
- We ask that you keep accurate records of all members of your travel party (i.e. full name and contact information) associated with the game/contest in the event contact tracing becomes necessary.
Live Streaming of Events
- We will not be able to live stream home contests at this time.
Please use this form if someone other than parent/guardian is picking up a student athlete from an away game: Transportation Form
News & Updates
Westlake Athletic Club
The Westlake Athletic Club (WAC) membership drive is currently underway! Memberships are one of the main fund raisers of the club and through your generous donations the WAC helps provide financial support to our sports teams over and above the annual school budget. In the past the WAC has supported the school with the DJ for all of the Senior tribute games, fireworks at our Homecoming, the Greg Coleman 3-sport athlete scholarship and the outdoor bleacher & indoor gym signs for Wildcat/visitor spectator signs to name a few.