2022 Field Improvement Referendum
I am pleased to share with you that Mount Pleasant Central School District voters passed the Field Bond Referendum 1,191 to 398.
The Bond Vote is next week on Tuesday, March 29 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the Westlake High School Gym.
With the warm temperatures and bright sunshine today, it certainly feels like we have turned the corner, Wildcats. It was a pleasure to see many of you last night, at the 9th Grade Orientation for Westlake High School Class of 2026 and at the Westlake Athletic Club meeting.
Since we officially announced the March 29, 2022 bond vote last week, I have had the pleasure of speaking with many residents about it. In response to some of the questions raised, we have prepared the attached document.
In Mount Pleasant, we recognize that athletics are a key component and extension of our instructional program. It is also a source of community pride and provides venues for us to come together while we support our student athletes.
Tuesday, March 29, 2022 Westlake High School Gymnasium, 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Interview with Dr. Peter Giarrizzo - Superintendent of Schools
- Interview with Ms. Donna Pirro - Head of Athletics
- Interview with Mr. Keith Schenker - HS Principal
- Interview with Ms. Hillary Piccoli - Athletic Trainer
- Interview with Students
Interview with Dr. Peter Giarrizzo - Superintendent of Schools
Interview with Ms. Donna Pirro - Head of Athletics
Interview with Mr. Keith Schenker - HS Principal
Interview with Ms. Hillary Piccoli - Athletic Trainer
Interview with Students
Voting and Registration Information
Any resident of the School District who is registered to vote in general elections is qualified to vote at said meeting without having their name placed upon the School District register of voters provided they voted at a general election at least once within the last four calendar years. Further, provided that any person who has previously registered to vote in any annual School District meeting or election or special School District meeting or election and who has voted at an annual School District meeting or election or special School District meeting or election held during the past four years (2021, 2020, 2019, 2018) shall not be required to re-register. The Board of Education has also provided for registration of qualified voters at the District Office, Westlake Drive, Thornwood, New York, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM on any regular school day through March 23, 2022.
Please note that if you are registered to vote in Westchester County but have since moved to the Mount Pleasant Central School District, you must be registered with the County at your Mount Pleasant address to be eligible to vote:
Download the Voter Registration form and return the completed application to the Westchester County Board of Elections:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Can Vote in the Election?
- Will the Passage of the Bond Issue Raise My Property Taxes?
- Why is the Bond Issue Important?
- What is the Scope of the Project?
- Is the Rendering of the New Athletic Fields Available?
- Is There a Breakdown of the Specific Projects and Estimated Costs?
- What if I Have Additional Questions About the Bond Election and Voting?
- What is the Timeline for the Project?
- What is the Total Amount of the March 29, 2022 Bond?