Citizens Budget Advisory Committee
The Mount Pleasant Central School District is looking for approximately twelve community volunteers to serve on the Citizens' Budget Advisory Committee (CBAC). The Committee’s job is to offer thoughtful and critical recommendations for the 2024-25 school year and beyond. The Committee’s findings will be presented to the Board of Education for consideration.
Interested volunteers should complete the application by Friday, November 17th. You will be notified by December 1, 2023 of your acceptance.
If you have specific questions about the CBAC, please contact Margaret Modugno, Director of Business Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citizens' Budget Advisory Committee
2024-25 Budget Year
The Citizens' Budget Advisory Committee's charge is to develop an understanding of the budget components through examination of revenue sources, total expenditures, fund balances and state aid. Discussions will revolve around District goals and long-term strategic planning as they relate to the budget.
Committee members will share their knowledge of the school district budget process with their constituents and bring community feedback to the meetings. The CBAC will ideally be comprised of a cross-section of the entire community to have representation from all constituent groups.
- Candidates for the committee should (but not necessarily) possess an understanding of finance, budgeting and business and/or educational practices.
- Candidates must be able to commit to four meetings scheduled for:
- Thursday, January 18, 2024 - 6:00PM
- Wednesday, March 6, 2024 - 6:00PM
- Wednesday, April 3, 2024 - 6:00PM
- Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - BOE Work Session (CBAC Report to the BOE 7:30PM)
- All meetings will be held in the Westlake library.
- Candidates should be able to attend the March 13 and March 20, 2024 budget presentations in the Westlake library.
To apply, please click on the link below and submit by November 17, 2023.