9/12/2022 WHS Announces AP Scholar Awards
Sixty-three students at Westlake High School have earned AP Scholar Awards in recognition of their exceptional achievement on the college-level Advanced Placement Program (AP) Exams!
- 49% of WHS 10th-12th are graders enrolled in APs
- 195 students taking APs
- 438 AP were exams taken
- 79% of students scored 3 or better
The College Board’s Advanced Placement Program provides motivated and academically prepared students with the opportunity to take rigorous college-level courses while still in high school, and to earn college credit, advanced placement, or both for successful performance on the AP Exams. About 18 percent of the nearly 1.8 million students worldwide who took AP Exams performed at a sufficiently high level to also earn an AP Scholar Award. The College Board recognizes several levels of achievement based on students’ performance on AP Exams.
- Fifteen (15) students qualified for the AP Scholar with Distinction Award by earning an average grade of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and grades of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams. These students are David Amchir, Catherine Cavazzini, Marek Dec, Eleanor Dempsey, Ava DiSalvo, Alejandro Gomez, Christina Kelly, Zoe Lisa, Sera Mishra, Thomas Reynolds, Valentina Rubio, Kendall Spearman, Anastasia Tchernikov, John Vasta, and John Vita.
- Ten (10) students qualified for the AP Scholar with Honor Award by earning an average grade of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken, and grades of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams. These students are Michael Clarke, Krista Dronzek, Colin Higham, Manpreet Kaur, Michael Mangione, Caroline McKeon, Jessica Motta, Sophia Pintavalle, Scott Saunders, and Javier Wurster.
- Thirty-eight (38) students qualified for the AP Scholar Award by completing three or more AP Exams with grades of 3 or higher. The AP Scholars are Amanda Afonso, Glen Ahern, Kelly Andrews, Giulia Arianna, Zachary Bach, Marijan Bartolovic, Nicolas Bauco, Giana Calandriello, Alyssa Costello, Rocco Dominguez, Zachary Gromulat, Owen Hegarty, Marabel Jaime, Marina Kidangen, Jordyn Kratz, Isabella Leite, Elisabeth Lilly, Peter Mardjonovic, Michael Marto, Matthew McClure, Isabella Mehmel, Michael Melillo, Eric Miller, Ryan Ordonez, Isaiah Ortiz, Elizabeth Pagan, Matthew Pena, Anthony Persampieri, Aidan Pray, Kalyna Raguso, Cristina Romano, Luke Shaw, Kristian Shkreli, Ethan Skinner, Michael Straface, Rachel Thomas, Autumn Verna, and Dean Williams.