MOUNT PLEASANT TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
The Mount Pleasant Central School District provides busing to all of its in-district public school students as well as eligible private and parochial students who complete a request for transportation.
No announcements at this time.
Parents requesting transportation to a private or parochial school for their child must fill out a written Request for Transportation on or before April 1 of the year in which the child will begin school. A form must be filled out each year that a child attends an out-of-district school.
REQUEST FOR TRANSPORTATION 2018-19
Transportation will be furnished for pupils who:
• Reside within the school district boundaries
• Attend a school not more than 15 miles from their home
• Are five years old before December 1 of that school year
• Complete the transportation request form by April 1 of the year in which the child will begin school
There is no bus transportation on legal holidays:
Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day
There is no bus transportation during:
Thanksgiving Recess, Winter Recess, Mid-Winter Recess, Spring Recess
Delayed start or school closing:
• If the District experiences a delayed opening, buses will run on the MPCSD delayed-opening schedule.
• In the event Mount Pleasant CSD experiences a weather-related closing, there will be NO out-of-district transportation for that day.
BUS SAFETY AND RESPONSIBILITY
• Be ready when the bus arrives.
• Wait until the bus has stopped completely before entering or leaving.
• Stay seated until bus reaches your stop.
• Always keep heads and arms inside.
• Fighting or rough play are forbidden, as are tobacco, alcohol and drugs.
• Keep voices low and never use foul language.
• Listen to the driver, who is directed to report misbehavior to principals.
• Items that are potentially dangerous or distracting to the driver are not allowed on the bus.
Parents are responsible for the safety of their children while walking or riding on vehicles other than school buses between home and school or home and authorized bus stop. Parents are also responsible for the safety of children at bus stops.
Video cameras on school buses
All school buses are equipped with video cameras in order to monitor student behavior.
For in- and out-of-district transportation:
Director of Business Administration
769-5500 X 5111
For lost items call:
Royal Coach Bus Company, Thornwood Office
Alternate Phone Numbers, Yonkers Office
914-733-7005 or 914-733-7010